Student wins 2nd place in Future Ideas European Master Thesis Competition
Bravo! Former student Lieven van Velthoven won another award for his Media Technology MSc graduation project "Room Racers". He was chosen second-best in the 2013 Future Ideas European Master Thesis Competition, in the category "Entertainment, Media & Gaming".
The competition selects the most "outstanding theses with an exceptionally innovative character". In a special mention by the international jury, Lieven's graduation project was described as "very simple and thereby brilliant, according to the jury members!".
In August 2012 Lieven graduated cum laude from the Media Technology MSc program, with a thesis entitled "Room Racers: Design and Evaluation of a Mixed Reality Game Prototype". Other awards and distinctions for his graduation research project include:
- Dutch Game Awards 2011, Best Student Game
- Dutch Game Awards 2011, Jury-nomination for Best Original Game
- Best New Media Production Award 2011 of the Cinekid International Youth Media Festival
- E-culture Innovation Distinction 2012, awarded by the Virtueel Platform
- BRIGHT magazine's Creative Class 2012, a list of the “brightest graduates from technical and creative programs"
- added to the permanent collection of ZKM | Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie, Karlsruhe, 2013