[Course] Graduation Lab
Posted: 16 April 2017 11:18 PM
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2013-09-16

Please use this thread for discussion / questions regarding the Graduation Lab. As a small reminder, the next Graduation Lab session will be on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. That said, I will also be in the University on Wednesday, so drop by then if you cannot make it on Tuesday and would like to discuss your project.

In the first session many of you presented a wide range of different projects, including computer science, law and technology, HCI, behavioural psychology and more. Unfortunately we did not manage to cover everyone’s topic yet - so part of the upcoming session will be dedicated to the rest of the projects. Apart of that, the second session will focus on thinking about your project’s research question (and how it can be framed for projects that are less defined yet) and on the role of your two supervisors.

If you have any questions you’d like to see addressed, make sure to mail me or post a message here so I can give a more informed answer. See you Tuesday!

Signature 

Mail me at:
m.a.gomez.maureira [at] liacs.leidenuniv.nl

Posted: 23 April 2017 10:26 AM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2013-09-16

I set up a Doodle poll to better prepare for upcoming Lab sessions. Please head over there and leave a checkmark on the days that you can make it.

Link: http://tiny.cc/gradlab

Signature 

Mail me at:

Posted: 27 April 2017 05:03 PM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2013-09-16

In the first three sessions of the Graduation Lab I had the opportunity to get to know most of the graduation projects in more detail—and I hope the conversation about each individual project has been as interesting for those who could make it to the session as it has been for me! Going forward I would like to ask everyone to prepare a few things before each session to ensure that upcoming discussion are more targeted to current challenges in your project.

1) Prepare a 1 minute summary of your project—feel free to change it over time if you find that you need to reframe your work, but make sure that you can outline the core of your project.

2) Prepare up to three questions or points of discussion that you feel encapsulate best what you need to work at the moment.

3) After the session: post a short summary of the points above here in the forum, and let us know if you have any follow-up questions or notes.

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Signature 

Mail me at: