Graduation Coordinator == ‘Marcello’
Posted: 07 April 2017 04:19 AM
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-09-16

Hi everyone! My name is Marcello - or Maro, I listen to both - and since this week I am the Graduation Coordinator at Media Technology. This means that I will be your contact person for questions about the graduation process, as well as for any challenges that might come up.

Starting from the upcoming week, I will be hosting the new Graduation Lab on Wednesdays from 10:00 to 12:00. The lab will take place in room 413, and is going to be a weekly round(ish) table meeting for students in their graduation phase to discuss their progress (as well as any perceived lack thereof—a week can go by surprisingly fast after all).

If you are in the second year but have not formally started your graduation process yet, please join the Graduation Lab to get used to the format - and especially if you find it difficult to zero in on a topic to study.

So - looking forward to getting to know you and your projects!

Best,
Marcello Gómez Maureira

P.S: A little bit about myself at the very end: I completed my MSc at Media Technology about two years ago and have since started a PhD on the topic of ‘Curiosity’ and how video games could be used to induce and quantify it. Apart of that I like to do research with and on VR, and develop video games through my small game studio ‘Dandy Unicorns’.

Signature 

Mail me at:
m.a.gomez.maureira [at] liacs.leidenuniv.nl

Posted: 07 April 2017 02:04 PM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2007-05-02

Welcome Marcello, happy to have you working with us!

Here are some pointers for students in the graduation phase:

- Subscribe to this forum topic, so that you receive mail when something is posted here.

- Read about Marcello and the Graduation Lab.

- the Graduation Lab is álso for students struggling to find a research topic, or struggling to get started!

Posted: 16 April 2017 11:19 PM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-09-16

Short note: Please visit/use http://mediatechnology.leiden.edu/forum/viewthread/1913/ for any messages about the Graduation Lab. I made a new topic in the course section to keep things organised (yes, I’m guilty of classification OCD).

Signature 

Mail me at:
m.a.gomez.maureira [at] liacs.leidenuniv.nl