[Course] Hardware & Physical Computing
Posted: 06 January 2017 03:39 PM
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2016-08-09

Dear students,

Due to a change in the schedule of Paul Jansen Klomp on Mondays, I’ve rescheduled Hardware & Physical Computing from 10AM-4PM to 11AM-5PM. However, as many of you need to attend the HCI presentations on January 9 in the afternoon, the first class starts at 11AM and ends at 4PM.

Posted: 09 January 2017 12:41 PM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  763
Joined  2007-05-02

Dear students,

Best wishes for the new year!

As every year, I (Maarten) teach one class within the Hardware & Physical Computing course. My class will introduce you to Arduino programming (basics, external events, serial communication, firmata, using eeprom, i2c communication, connecting lcd displays, accelerometers, gyroscopes, servos).

My class is planned for Thurday 19/1, 10:00-15:00h and has compulsory attendance for all students taking the course. Naturally, there will be coffee and lunch breaks included.

See you there,
Maarten

Posted: 09 January 2017 01:47 PM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  763
Joined  2007-05-02

Dear students,

it is advised that you subscribe to this forum topic, so that you receive an e-mail when something is posted here.

Enjoy the course! May the soldering force be with you,
Maarten

Posted: 09 January 2017 08:15 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2015-09-09

Hi There!
I’m Mark and I will be there every hardware class standing by for all your questions!
I’ve done a lot of tinkering with electronics and was also a mentor at FabLab Breda (Hakerspace / makerspace) where I helped visitors with all kind of projects.
So just give me a shout in class of here on the forms!
-Mark

Posted: 14 January 2017 04:12 PM   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-01-09

Hi,

For Monday the group will be have to split up because tools & space for soldering are limited.
On Jan 16th there will be a morning session 11:00-14:00 and an afternoon session 14:00-17:00.

You can find a subscription list at https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ByiB8-VuYLHxY3ZRMXgwU196eFk 
Please enter your name?

And, at http://www.paulk.nl/liacs there’s some of the course material.

Have a nice weekend, see you Monday!

(Don’t forget to bring the parts + breadboard, you will need them for soldering!)

Posted: 17 February 2017 03:34 PM   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2015-09-09

Hi Guys!
On the 13th of March the HW presentations will be held.
We want to stress that those will start at 12 o’clock sharp.
So come to class before that time and make sure your project is up and running!

Upcoming Monday’s I will be at Snellius from 12 o’clock till I’m no longer needed to help you where I can smile
From what I’ve seen in class I’m very enthusiastic about your projects! I really enjoy guiding you! smile
Good luck!

-Mark