August 12: clean-up of rooms 406, 408, 413
Posted: 06 August 2014 06:05 PM
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2013-09-16

Hi all! Tuesday the 12th (next week), I will be in Leiden to clean up rooms 406, 408 en 413 (Insofar Bobbie didn’t take care of stuff yet - thanks!).
Anyone who can and wants to help is very welcome. smile

I also propose that I put everything that doesn’t belong there (old projects, other individual property, the giant blue thing) in one place, and you all get till the end of august to do one of these two things:
- Take it with you / clean it up
- Put a very clear note on it with your name and when you’ll clear it away, this date not being later than the end of september.
If you are away in August, or you know someone who is away, I can put up the note for you/them, just ask.
At the start of september, I will throw everything away that is still there without a note on it, or recycle it for re-use material to be put in 406. Same will happen if anyone misses the date on their note.
If anyone strongly disagrees with this method, please let me know. I however think it is the only way to prevent stuff from lying there for another 6 months. wink

Signature 

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Posted: 12 August 2014 11:59 PM   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-09-16

A lot of cleaning took place today! A bit in 413 but mainly in 406.

We expected more projects but mainly found trash (we filled one container!) and scattered tools and paint. So please throw away your thrash and put tools were they belong in the future :) big trash bags for big projects can be obtained at the reception.

We also found many (parts of…) projects though, and some bags that look like there is personal stuff in there. Everything is in 406 now (side of the door), except for the big blue thing that we left in 408. Please look through it and clean up anything that’s yours before the start of September (or put a note on it with your name and the date you’ll clear it away)! If it can be recycled, take it apart and put the parts that can be re-used in a closet with other stuff similar to it, so it is at least a bit organized. There are some flat, dark grey boxes in the left closet next to the baskets for smaller stuff. Stuff that is too big but still usable can maybe be sold on ‘marktplaats’ or given away via ‘gratisaftehalen.nl’? Saves you a trip with the car…
Somewhere in the first week of September we will organize another cleaning day for the last of the stuff & vacuuming! I’ll let you know :)

Bobbie sorted all the cables, they are now in the white baskets. In the closets next to that (the left wall) is miscellaneous stuff that can be used by everyone. We didn’t yet look in the boxes on the top row or in the grey boxes at the bottom, so if anyone feels like sorting those out…
Electronics are mostly in the closet that can be locked.
Tools are on the board behind the work-bench or in the black toolbox next to it. Miscellaneous tools like scissors, pencils, tape, string, gloves, paper, paint, paint-supplies, etc, etc, ánd soldering-stations with accessories are in the small grey drawers next to the bench. On the other side is usable wood and rolls of paper.

Signature 

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Posted: 25 August 2014 08:11 AM   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-09-16

September 2nd I’ll be in Leiden to do a final clean-up of 408, 406 and 413. All help is very welcome! Please make sure that by then, any remaining projects are either removed or have a note attached to them saying when they’ll be removed

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2014 05:23 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-09-16

More cleaning took place! Unfortunately, there were still some things without notes that we weren’t allowed to put in the containers outside.
We put cards on some stuff when we knew the owner, with a name and a final removal date: October 1st. Cards with later dates were changed to October 1st, because the room is not a storage unit and a month should be more then enough to arrange something :p There is also some tape fused to the floor that I want to ask the people who put it there to remove.

I hate to be a mean about this, but if your stuff is still there (and especially if it’s big and you didn’t even bother to put a note on it - or ask me to do it for you because you couldn’t make it yourself, which I totally understand) please consider that two people have spend almost two whole days now cleaning stuff - and almost all of it wasn’t theirs. We díd of course get help from some of you, and I know a lot of you were on holiday and not able to make it, so I understand and I’m not bothered at the moment. But I’m kind of foreseeing stuff still being there even after October 1st, making it Somebody Else’s Problem (for you HHGTTG fans) to throw away. Which means it will take someone another day and probably the arrangement of a car to take the big stuff to the trash, which will not only cost time, but also money. Please take responsibility and get things done yourself. Thanks! :)

Signature