Language and text *problem*
Posted: 19 May 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2012-09-11

The teacher for the course has not yet sent me the material for the final assignment. I have been unable to contact Crit Cremers about this issue. I won’t post his address on here, but it’s easily found on google. I would like to request someone else to try to contact him, as I may be having problems with my email account.

Please post on here before contacting him, so not everyone contacts him at once.

Posted: 20 May 2013 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2012-09-11

I don’t think you have problems with your email account since this week’s class is cancelled as well.. Maybe we should contact the Centre for Linguistics tomorrow?
http://www.hum.leiden.edu/lucl/organisation/members-a-e/cremerscljm.html

We really need the information about the final assignment asap since there are a lot of deadlines approaching.

Posted: 20 May 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-11

Next weeks class is cancelled because the course is finished. Mr. Cremers was supposed to send me the final assignment for posting on the forum, but that never happened. Hence this thread.

Posted: 20 May 2013 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-09-11

FYI Huibert, I’ve been asking him about this every week n he keept saying he was just about to send it to u but somehow got interrupted n he would do it immediately when he was back, but he never did…so im not sure if it’ll work to keep contacting him…

Posted: 20 May 2013 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-11

I did the same, and gave him my email address on multiple occasions. Can someone contact Lianne about this issue?

Posted: 20 May 2013 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-09-11

I will send one out right now.

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2012-09-11

I tried calling Crit today using the phone number that’s on the website of the Leiden University Centre of Linguistics but no one answered the phone..

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-09-11

For those who want to start yet:
I believe the general final assignment is: write a paper in which you discuss whether or not you think natural language could (ever) be processed and generated by computers on a human level.
More simply put can computers ever use natural language like us?

As long as the teacher doesn’t supply us more details I won’t bother about more details.